ABOUT WÜRTH

Our History

In The Beginning

The Würth Group is world market leader in its core business, the trade in assembly and fastening material. It currently consists of over 400 companies in more than 80 countries. This is how Würth South Africa came into existence…

2017

The company has grown from strength to strength. We currently have more than 250 dynamic sales representatives supported by 90 internal staff employees.

2015

We are proud to have been able to maintain consistent growth and success over the past 45 years.
Würth relocated to Plumbago Business Park in Kempton Park

1985

Würth South Africa relocated to Old Mutual Business Park, Isando.

1974

Würth relocated to Fishers Hill in Germiston. 15 years later Würth Screws and Fasteners was renamed, Würth South Africa (Pty) Ltd.

1970

Würth Screws and Fasteners (Pty) Ltd was founded on the 20th March 1970 in South Africa.
With an initial staff of only four employees it was the first company to be opened outside of Europe.

1945

Würth is a family business that was founded by Adolf Würth. Prof. Reinhold Würth, today’s Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Würth Group’s Family Trusts, took over the business at the age of 19 after his father had passed away and developed it further in the following years. Starting from the early years of the company in post-war Germany, he turned the former two-man business into a worldwide operating trading group. More than 3 million customers all over the world trust in Würth today.